UltraRendu Occasionally Soft Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UltraRendu Occasionally Soft Crashes

I'm loving the UltraRendu thus far but there's one thing that's quite a deal breaker for me.
    I'm running Roon into UltraRendu. The problem happens when I skip too many songs or manually load up that's not in queue. If the song is added to queue, it's fine. The problem surfaces when I don't let the current song finish and skip to the next song. Sometimes I do this when testing a new headphone or skimming through a new album. When this happens, I literally have to power down the UltraRendu, unplug from the LPS, reconnect and power it back up again. This whole process is rather tedious.
    Here's the snapshot of the RoonReady Diagnostics. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on why this happens. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UltraRendu crash.jpg Views:	0 Size:	427.2 KB ID:	883
    Attached Files

I sometimes find this with the SonoreUPnP Bridge which I run on a UltraRendu. Rather than I hard power reset, I just need to restart the SonoreBridge.
    Have you tried just restarting the RoonReady app?

Comment

Hi Simon,

I've tried all options available and the hard reset is the only method that works. All other methods produce the same error results

Comment

Which DAC are you using? What does DAC Diagnostics show when this happens?

Comment

Originally posted by vortecjr View Post
          Which DAC are you using? What does DAC Diagnostics show when this happens?
          Hi Jesus, I'm currently using the Holo Audio May DAC. The weird thing now is that when I try to replicate the error, it's been working smoothly the entire night. 😑

Comment

I'm having the same issue. it started for me on Monday. If I skip songs, sometimes the next song works, sometimes I have to pause the song multiple times and restart it before it plays. I running a sT5 Gen 3 and ultraRendu and using Roon/HQPlayer. I also noticed last night that I can no longer play DSD64 files without bad skipping. Nothing has changed in my setup and all the Roon/HQPlayer settings are the same.

Comment

For those of you who are using Roon/HQ Player as I am, the issue is not with the Sonore line of products or SGC. Since the HQ Player update to 4.20.2, the issue began. I reached out to Jussi and he is working on it. If you use the Roon RAAT engine the issue is corrected and all is well. Hopefully HQ Player will get this corrected soon! Hope this helps. Cheers,

Comment

Working...
              X