My MicroRendu can no longer connect to Spotify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MicroRendu can no longer connect to Spotify

I use my iPad (OS version 16.1.1) to control Spotify streams to my microRendu. It works sporadically in the past and today I can no longer connect. I have rebooted the microRendu several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app on my iPad...and nothing works.
    I also noticed a few times that the Spotify setting sometimes says "Unknown" and has to be reset.
    I would appreciate any helpto get this solved...so I can enjoy Spotify again.
    Thank you.

What version of SO are you on? Have you tried to stream via Shairport?

Comment

• ClausJen
      ClausJen commented
      Editing a comment
      I have version 2.7 of SO. Tried to upgrade to 2.8 and followed all the steps to do so, but it still says 2.7

I also installed Shairport4w, but that would require me to buy a laptop to connect with a USB cable to my DAC and that is obviously not a solution.

Any other suggestions?
      Last edited by ClausJen; 01-18-2023, 07:48 PM.

Every USB Audio Rendu has SO installed on it. You can install Shairport from Software Manager on the Rendu.

Comment

• ClausJen
      ClausJen commented
      Editing a comment
      I installed Shairport from the software manager, but when that is running my Spotify app on the iPad does not show the microrendu.
      Perhaps the problem is that the microrendu's software can not be upgraded to version 2.8... but I am just guessing.
      Anymore suggestions?
      Last edited by ClausJen; 01-19-2023, 01:08 AM.

Andrew Gillis of Small Green Computers supplied the solution. Click image for larger version

Name:	SGM.png
Views:	19
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	2209

Comment

Working...
    X