Microrendu not connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microrendu not connecting

I recently purchased the Microrendu v 1.5 in January. My problem has been connection. Sometimes it does not see the Rendu and sometimes even when it does it does not connect. It could take 20 minutes to get it to connect. I try different ports on my router and that may work. When it does connect i'm fine. I have had the music stop 2 or 3 times but I just press play and we are back up and running. Wondering If it's my internet. Recently checked the speed. 70.7 download and 5.8 upload MBPS. Is this good enough? Very little computer knowledge over here. That too may be the problem. Coming out of my Netgear router with 35' Cat6a blue jeans cable to the Microrendu then into my Schiit Bifrost 2. MR powered by a 7.5 v @ 1 amp SMPS. I control it with a iphone 7 using the Spotify Connect APP. I have further questions but would like to see if my internet speed is the problem. I also have a desktop computer, printer, smart T.V. and 1 or 2 phones on our network in my apartment. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone. Eric
    '

Try turning off cellular service on your phone because if it connects to cellular it will not see the Rendu. The phone needs to connect only to your modem for things to work properly.

Comment

How exactly do I do that? Would my iphone 7 still be connected to Wifi?

Comment

Put it in airplane mode and then turn on just WiFi.

Comment

Still the same result. After 15 minutes of messing around I plug into a new port on my router. It worked. 50% of the time changing ports it works first try. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

Is there a simple video that shows what the web pages look like when connecting the microrendu? Coming out of my router to the microrendu and then into my USB DAC. I use my iphone 7 as the controller. Using Spotify connect. Most times I give up and just play with my turntable or CDs.

Comment

That output protocol is in eternal beta for a reason Go to Software Manager and delete Spotify Connect. Then install Shairport and use that output protocol to stream from Spotify to the Rendu.

Comment

That worked! I must say the Microrendu never popped up. Then after about 20 minutes starring at available devices I pressed Airplay or Bluetooth and there it was. Clicked on it and it immediately connected. I do have two questions. Is Airplay similar to Bluetooth in that it throws away available music information? If I decide to use a tablet as a controller does it have to be an Apple product when using Shairport? Thanks again. This has been a little frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                X