• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vortecjr
    replied
    Originally posted by bahringe View Post
    The previous owner verified he did in fact play DSD 128 from the SSR 115
    Does, your DAC’s display say DSD when you play DSD128?

Leave a comment:

• bahringe
    replied
    Also the firmware on SSR115 is 2018

Leave a comment:

• bahringe
    replied
    The previous owner verified he did in fact play DSD 128 from the SSR 115

Leave a comment:

• vortecjr
    replied
    Unfortunately, my early SR is SPDIF output only so I'm not able to test DSD.

Leave a comment:

• vortecjr
    replied
    Originally posted by bahringe View Post
    There are a set of dip switches on the output board, (I haven't touched) but what is the default setting?
    The PS Audio DS DACs ignore the master clock so the switch will not do anything for you.

Leave a comment:

• vortecjr
    replied
    The two units you have are the last two Sonore Rendu produced.
    SR - SPDIF/I2S With Clock Upgrade Black 115
    SR - SPDIF/I2S With Clock Upgrade Black 116
    SSR Silver beta 001
    SSR Silver 117
    My records indicate that SR115 is a Sonore Rendu with super clock upgrade. My records show that the original owner requested a furthure upgrade to an SSR. My guess is that it was upgraded again to an SSR keping the 115 sequece number. From your photos, the unit also has an upgraded enclosure, new output board, and may have an upgraded power supply. You may also have main board with the super clock upgrade. Remember this was all back in 2014 when DSD64 was king. Anyway, I found an SR to test with and will report back shortly.

Leave a comment:

• bahringe
    replied
    There are a set of dip switches on the output board, (I haven't touched) but what is the default setting?

Leave a comment:

• bahringe
    replied
    SSR 115 is a signature Rendu

Leave a comment:

• vortecjr
    replied
    Serial number 115 is a Sonore Rendu and not a Signature edition. It's also a very good unit and has a super clock update.

For clarity...SR in the serial number means Sonore Rendu. SSR in the serial number means Sonore Signature Rendu.

My test above is with an SSR beta unit (first unit in the production run). I'll see if I have an early SR in the boneyard.

Leave a comment:

• bahringe
    replied
    My DAC is PS Audio Direct Stream DAC (sunlight), my Signature Rendu serial number is 115.

Leave a comment:

• vortecjr
    replied
    I just tested my Sonore Signature Rendu serial number “beta-001” via HDMI i2s output to a Topping DAC. DSD128 plays fine at normal speed. What DAC are you using and what serial number is your Rendu?

Leave a comment:

• bahringe
    replied
    I have a Sonore Rendu that plays DSD 128 at 1/2 speed, I have a Sonore Signature Rendu that plays DSD 128 at half speed. They are both SPDIF/i2s units. And the Signature is definitely SUPPOSED to play 128 correctly. I commented on the microRENDU to show the JRiver does play 128 correctly to it.

Leave a comment:

• vortecjr
    replied
    One unit is SPDIF/i2s output and the other is USB output…these are two different designs.

Leave a comment:

• bahringe
    replied
    I obtained a Sonore Signature Rendu and I have the same issue. 128 plays at half speed. Btw I also have a microRendu that plays DSD 64 , DSD 128 no issues, JRiver or ROON. I’m puzzled.

Leave a comment:

• vortecjr
    replied
    We ordered a batch of very high quality oscillators, then had them tested and sorted by phase noise, then installed only the best ones in upgraded units.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X