Sonore Rendu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonore Rendu

I have a Sonore Rendu that I’m trying to play dsd128 through. It does dsd64 very well. It’s connected to a PS Audio direct stream DAC. I use JRiver media enter 28 to control playback. The dsd128 plays back at 1/2 speed as if playing dsd64.
    Eric
    NYC

You may have an older Rendu with i2s output? What is the serial number? Post an image of the back of the unit.

Comment

Comment

That is a very good unit and has a super clock update.

Comment

Mau I inquire what the "Super Clock update" is? Yes I agree it is a great sounding unit.

Comment

We ordered a batch of very high quality oscillators, then had them tested and sorted by phase noise, then installed only the best ones in upgraded units.

Comment

I obtained a Sonore Signature Rendu and I have the same issue. 128 plays at half speed. Btw I also have a microRendu that plays DSD 64 , DSD 128 no issues, JRiver or ROON. I’m puzzled.

Comment

One unit is SPDIF/i2s output and the other is USB output…these are two different designs.

Comment

I have a Sonore Rendu that plays DSD 128 at 1/2 speed, I have a Sonore Signature Rendu that plays DSD 128 at half speed. They are both SPDIF/i2s units. And the Signature is definitely SUPPOSED to play 128 correctly. I commented on the microRENDU to show the JRiver does play 128 correctly to it.

Comment

I just tested my Sonore Signature Rendu serial number “beta-001” via HDMI i2s output to a Topping DAC. DSD128 plays fine at normal speed. What DAC are you using and what serial number is your Rendu?

Comment

My DAC is PS Audio Direct Stream DAC (sunlight), my Signature Rendu serial number is 115.

Comment

Serial number 115 is a Sonore Rendu and not a Signature edition. It's also a very good unit and has a super clock update.

For clarity...SR in the serial number means Sonore Rendu. SSR in the serial number means Sonore Signature Rendu.

My test above is with an SSR beta unit (first unit in the production run). I'll see if I have an early SR in the boneyard.

Comment

SSR 115 is a signature Rendu

Comment

There are a set of dip switches on the output board, (I haven't touched) but what is the default setting?

Comment

The two units you have are the last two Sonore Rendu produced.
                              SR - SPDIF/I2S With Clock Upgrade Black 115
                              SR - SPDIF/I2S With Clock Upgrade Black 116
                              SSR Silver beta 001
                              SSR Silver 117
                              My records indicate that SR115 is a Sonore Rendu with super clock upgrade. My records show that the original owner requested a furthure upgrade to an SSR. My guess is that it was upgraded again to an SSR keping the 115 sequece number. From your photos, the unit also has an upgraded enclosure, new output board, and may have an upgraded power supply. You may also have main board with the super clock upgrade. Remember this was all back in 2014 when DSD64 was king. Anyway, I found an SR to test with and will report back shortly.

Comment

Working...
                              X