sonicTranporter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonicTranporter question

Sorry if this should be above under support please move...apologies.

I have the older version of the i5. I'm not sure this question is specific to the i5 or even the ST series, but I feel its a good place to ask. Why do I loose connectivity to Roon? There seem to be lots of times I can not access Roon (searching for Roon server). Times when the music continues to play but I can't access any of my music for the same previous reason (searching for Roon server).I can be using my laptop as remote, my phone, my iPad...doesn't matter. I don't believe its my wireless network (my apple tv running over wi-fi never has issues nor does any other device) I will often do a Speedtest to make sure my internet connection is fine and it always is. If I'm correct that means my problem is after my Apple Airport....so it could be my TPlink optical converter, my Cisco switch or my i5 that is the culprit. How on earth do I figure out where the problem lies? Thanks!!
    Last edited by Shindogreen; 08-07-2020, 11:19 PM.

When this happens go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and make sure your DAC is listed and ready to use. If the DAC apps to be locked up try power cycle it (remove and reconnect the power cord).

Comment

Yes that does sounds like a network problem and Roon (also other audio apps) have a lot of issues with Apple Airport. I would recommend replacing your router.

Comment

I have a customer who is interested in the i5, but he has two USB drives with content. One is 8 TB with DSD and one is 10 TB with PCM. He runs Roon out of his notebook currently, and I would like to get him into a dedicated server. Roon runs over the network from his notebook to an Auralic Aries G1. I note that your specs say the i5 only handles one USB drive. Is there any way around this issue in this setup? Thank you, tyree

Comment

Originally posted by vortecjr View Post
          When this happens go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and make sure your DAC is listed and ready to use. If the DAC apps to be locked up try power cycle it (remove and reconnect the power cord).
          I assume you mean in the diagnostic logs? I'm not sure what I'm looking for. In the Roon logs or the ST logs?

Comment

Originally posted by tyree911 View Post
            I have a customer who is interested in the i5, but he has two USB drives with content. One is 8 TB with DSD and one is 10 TB with PCM. He runs Roon out of his notebook currently, and I would like to get him into a dedicated server. Roon runs over the network from his notebook to an Auralic Aries G1. I note that your specs say the i5 only handles one USB drive. Is there any way around this issue in this setup? Thank you, tyree
            Best option for that much music is a NAS.

Comment

Working...
            X