Making my new Sonic transport play external hard drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making my new Sonic transport play external hard drives

I have a new Sonic Transport i9 and want it to recognize the two external drives so I can play and maybe import to my internal hard drive. They were playing on my windows computer before it died. They are plugged in to the back of the ST and they are spinning. I use Roon 1.8. How do I set this up so they show in Roon and are playable. Thanks in advance.

There may be another way but I would connect the external drive to a computer and copy the files to your ST i9. Then Roon should be able to find them.

Comment

I don't have another computer. It died. But I do have 2 external drives full of music. I'm just guessing that some sonic transports/ optical Rendu systems don't have internal drives in them , that there must be a way to mount external drives so they can be listened to.
      Last edited by hi5harry; 03-07-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

If your external drives were formatted for Windows you likely cannot mount them in Sonic Orbiter since it is based on Linux. You may need to invest in a NAS or another windows PC.

Comment

You can only mount one USB drive and you do that using the drivemounter app.

Comment

I am unable to successfully mount an External USB drive to my i5 CDR. I've followed all of the instructions and ready through all of the posts. In 'Drive Mounter' settings I see the usb drive in the drop down; I select it and 'Save Changes', but it returns with 'None' in the drop down. The drive is formatted exFAT, and I can mount it on other computers. I've re-booted and tried other standard remedies without success. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X