ultraRendu with SPDIF Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultraRendu with SPDIF Converter

I want to try out the SPDIF inputs of my new Pre/Pro to check out the Burr/Brown chips and DSPs. Currently running STi5, UltraRendu, MicroMega DAC to direct in. I don't want to put out the $500 + for the ultraDigital/LPS for a test. Will the SGC USB to SPDIF work with the Rendu? Would this be a reduction in SQ? Does the Rendu supply enough power to power a non powered converter device? There are quite a few different converters out there has anyone had experience with them?

If you are interested in SQ then I would use our converter. The Rendu can supply clean power up the requirement of the USB spec.

Comment

• tmauceri
      tmauceri commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that the SGC converter or the ultraDigital?

The ultraDigital.

Comment

The Ultra Digital sounds Awesome!!! Go all in... 😁

Comment

When I purchased the Rendu I got it with the iFi power supply. I later purchased the SGC LPS so I have the iFi collecting dust. Can I use the iFi with UD? Given both power supplies which one would work best with the UR and which one with the UD for the best result?

Comment

That will work, but ideally you want two good linear power supplies because the iFi is just a low cost starter supply and has some noise on its output that you don’t want. If you don’t care then use it on the Rendu.

Comment

• tmauceri
            tmauceri commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the quick response. I am leaning towards UD with SGC LPS.

Do you know how to shunt the DC negative to AC ground? It’s a trick to reduce the noise on the output of the iFi.

Comment

• tmauceri
            tmauceri commented
            Editing a comment
            No, but I'm pretty handy.
        Working...
        X