Sonore ToneDAC users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonore ToneDAC users?

I have been using a VBA for about 10 years now. It sounds great but I know I can do better, and the drive is getting close to full. With a tight budget, I am leaning towards the SGC package of Sonictransporter i5, UltraRendu and LPS. I do not currently own a USB DAC. My system, while not high dollar, is pretty high performance, and I know that cheaping out on a DAC would be foolish. But I am intrigued by the Sonore ToneDAC. It should work well with the UltraRendu, but there are really no reviews, professional or otherwise, to be found. I am hoping that someone on this forum is familar with the ToneDAC and can comment on how it sounds. My current DAC is a highly modded Beresford that tops out at 96/24, and does not have USB. My initial thought was to try a Schitt Gungnir, which would add $1000 to the cost of this digital chain. Besides the money, the black version has a 6-8 week wait, and without some kind of USB DAC, I can't start using the SGC package. So, if you are familar with the ToneDAC's sonic qualities, please chime in. Thanks!

The combination of an ultraRendu and toneDAC with a good power supply on the Rendu will be very good! You can also consider using a ultraRendu and ultraDigital with your current DAC.

Comment

I cannot comment on the tone dac, however, I use the Rendu with the Ultra Digital now for years and love the stability and performance it offers. Really can't go wrong no matter which way you go! Sonore/SGC products are IMHO simply the best!

Comment

Working...
      X